Monday, December 23, 2013

Building a Custom Desk - Details (Post 8)

I had to:


- Clean up the tenons which are 1/8" proud of the top and have a 45 degree angle around all four sides. They're very evident and the eye will see very small discrepancies, so they have to be right on angle and depth.















- Cut the top of the legs off. I used a spacer with a hole cut into it and a Japanese saw. This left all the legs at the exact same height.

- Hand work the top of  the legs. I used a small gouge and simply worked around the edge.





















- And, clean up all the surfaces and soften the hard edges.  Here's the final product, without drawers, but otherwise complete. I couldn't get a very good picture of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave A Comment

Hey! Leave a comment - good, bad, short, long, whatever. I'd like to hear from you.